Our forests are challenged year round by natural events such as wildfires, insects, tree diseases and severe weather events. Buddha Teas feels strongly about planting trees due to deforestation happening across the globe. We use recycled materials in making our tea, but one area we cant is our tea bags. Our non-bleached tea bag can’t be made from recycled materials, as it has to be made from food grade paper. We off-set this by planting thousands of trees each year (a lot more than the amount of paper we actually use in our production facility). It’s our way of giving back to the beautiful earth we share.
Buddha Teas is proud to share a report from The National Forest Foundation.
The National Forest lands where the National Forest Foundation and the U.S. Forest Service completed work in 2016 include:
- Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest, Wisconsin – 71,500 trees.
- Chippewa National Forest, Minnesota – 200,000 trees.
- Coconino National Forest, Arizona – 40,000 trees.
- Apache-Sitgreaves National Forest, Arizona – 120,000 trees.
- Kaibab National Forest, Arizona – 200,000 trees.
- Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest, Washington – 187,000 trees.
- Umatilla National Forest, Washington – 54,000 trees.
- Deschutes National Forest, Oregon – 32,000 trees.
- Idaho Panhandle National Forest, Idaho – 12,500 trees.
- Custer-Gallatin National Forest, Montana – 217,500 trees.
- Flathead National Forest, Montana – 13,000 trees.
- Shoshone National Forest, Wyoming – 112,000 trees.
- Stanislaus National Forest, California – 61,000 trees.
- Modoc National Forest, California – 262,000 trees.
- Shasta-Trinity National Forest, California – 43,000 trees.
- Sierra National Forest, California – 42,000 trees.
- Plumas National Forest, California – 50,000 trees.
- Sequoia National Forest, California – 50,000 trees.
No need to grab a calculator. Wed already did the math and it totals a staggering 1.7 million trees planted in 2016.
Buddha Teas is extremely proud to be part of this effort and will continue to do so for many years to come. We would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who purchased our tea. With each cup, you help plant a tree. #TeaforTrees